If you are like myself, and do a lot of traveling, then you know how valuable rewards programs are. You also know that some are not as good as others!!
I am very excited to see that Choice Hotels is doing their best to make you feel like they truly value you as a customer. Take a look at some of their awesome new features to their rewards program!!
The demand for bigger, better, and faster rewards are at an all-time high, even as many loyalty programs – and their perks – are being reduced in scope for members across a number of hospitality categories. Bucking the trend, Choice Hotels has recently announced a series of bold, exciting and completely unique changes to their rewards program, bringing greater and faster value to their over 25 million Choice Privileges members. Some of these new and improved perks include free nights at discounted point levels, instant digital gift cards, and points that never expire!
The program enhancements are being implemented to bring greater and faster value to the over 25 million members of Choice Privileges. Some of the new benefits include:
- Your Extras. Weekday travelers can earn a special reward — a little something 'extra' — right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least 1 weekday night (any night Sun. through Thurs.), the member can earn a special reward of their choice. U.S members have 5 options, varying from Fuel Rewards® savings at participating Shell locations to Amazon.com credit. International members have 2 options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
- FlexRewards. Get to a free night faster— Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
- Digital Gift Cards. The first hotel company to offer immediate in-app gift card downloads, Choice Privileges members can receive instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
- Keep Your Points. As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
- 10 Points per Dollar. All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn. And, during our award winning promotions, it is now easier than ever to qualify since members no longer need to stay two consecutive nights at economy brands.
"The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges program mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels' history," said Jamie Russo, VP of Loyalty and Customer Engagement. "While many rewards programs continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we're building a loyalty program that gives more and faster perks to travelers starting right when they join. We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them."
This post is written by Sarah Coulsey. She is a Wife, and Mother of two boys living in New England. This post may contain affiliate links.